The Top 10 Easiest Pedestrian Safety Tips
Accidents, regardless of how big or small, impact everyone involved in one way or another. Accidents resulting in the injury or death of a pedestrian can be devastating and life changing.
Unfortunately, pedestrians injured in an accident have a very high chance of being severely injured or even killed because they aren’t armed with safety protection.
While pedestrians might feel like they have to walk down the streets in Florida wearing a suit of armor to protect themselves from becoming the victim of a hit and run or pedestrian accident, this isn’t necessary.
Read on to learn about some different tips to avoid risk and injury in a pedestrian accident, that doesn’t involve wearing a suit of armor…
Pedestrian Safety Tips for Children and Adults
1. Teach children at a very early age to look both ways before crossing the street. Remind children each time they are about to cross the street, and caution them about playing close to the street.
2. Make eye contact with drivers before they attempt cross the street. Since children are smaller beings, it is sometimes difficult for drivers to see them until it is far too late.
3. Use sidewalks wherever possible and cross at street corners where traffic signals are available. If there are no sidewalks, then walk towards the traffic as far to the left as possible.
4. Pay attention to when a car is backing up. This is important to keep in mind while walking through a parking lot. Accidents can happen in parking lots just as often as in the street.
5. Teach children to be alert when outside in the dark. Encourage them to be visible to drivers at all times. Wearing brightly colored clothing or reflective gear could help with this.
6. Distracted driving is certainly a leading cause of injuries across the country, but it is also important for pedestrians to be aware of their own distractions.
Be careful while using devices, phones, and headphones while crossing the street. Putting them away completely will help children and adults to become more aware of their surroundings.
7. Encourage older children to be good role models for younger children. This includes modelling good behavior while playing outside or walking along the street.
8. Teach children about the potential accidents, injuries, and dangers of the road. This isn’t to scare them, but to make them aware of how dangerous traveling near the road can be.
9. Encourage children to hold your hand while walking along a street or while crossing the street.
10. Teach children about the purpose of pedestrian-controlled signs and what each light and symbol means.
Visit this site here to read more about pedestrian safety tips.
Most Common Injuries in Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians who fall victim to these devastating accidents can suffer a broad range of injury types and medical conditions which may impact them for years to come.
This is why it is essential to not only get medical help as soon as possible after an accident, but to continue with any follow up treatments.
Never avoid getting treatment because you might be surprised at just how serious your accident injuries can be. Some of the most problematic injuries, like head trauma, can be difficult to spot in the immediate aftermath of an accident.
Since pedestrians can suffer such catastrophic injuries resulting from accidents like these. In fact, some pedestrians may never be able to return to work or can may face other problems in adapting to their life after the accident.
Visit this site here to read more about head trauma and brain injuries, which are common injuries after a pedestrian accident.
Fighting Back with a Personal Injury Lawyer
Both children and adults may be critically injured in a pedestrian accident, particularly if the driver is not paying attention and he or she slams into an unassuming pedestrian.
If you have already suffered from this type of accident, it’s imperative to get both medical help and insight from an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Additionally, consulting with a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can give you a better idea of your rights, and how the facts, evidence, and outcome of an accident all affect a personal injury claim. This is important when determining whether or not you need to file a personal injury claim.
Florida personal injury law will come into play, protecting you by allowing you to file a claim to fight for compensation. The compensation can be used to help support your medical expenses and allow you to move on with your life after a devastating pedestrian accident. Do not hesitate to reach out to an attorney as soon as possible after an accident.
Visit here to get started with a personal injury lawyer after a pedestrian accident. You can’t afford not to…
Related Post :