A car accident can be a devastating and life-changing event for the individuals involved. Mounting medical expenses, life-threatening injuries, and time off from work can overwhelm already struggling families.
To make matters worse, insurance companies often prey upon vulnerable victims and their families immediately after the accident has occurred. They offer low-ball settlements that are designed to protect their own bottom line and reduce their liabilities. Unfortuately, these settlements are just a fraction of what many injured auto accident victims truly need to recover. When this occurs, hiring an auto accident lawyer in Arlington becomes a necessity.
When to Hire an Arlington Auto Accident Lawyer
Hiring an experienced auto accident lawyer should be a high priority if any of the following apply to your situation:
- You sustained significant injuries
- Liability for the accident has not been clearly established
- The auto accident involved pedestrians or other motorists
- Your accident occurred in a protected area, such as a school zone or construction zone
- The police report is inaccurate
- There’s a lack of insurance or no insurance
- The insurance company denied your claim or is delaying your claim
- There’s significant damage to your vehicle
- You’ve lost a significant amount of time at work
Do I Have a Case?
Even if your accident only resulted in minor injuries and damages, you could still benefit from legal counsel. Most law firms offer a free initial consultation to discuss and review the details surrounding your accident. During this evaluation, your attorney will listen to your recollection of the accident and give you an honest assessment of your case.
What’s more, most auto accident lawyers offer their services on a contingency basis, which means that they only get paid if they win your case or reach a favorable settlement. This makes it easier for injured accident victims to seek justice,since they don’t have to worry about legal expenses during this time.
Benefits of Hiring an Auto Accident Lawyer in Arlington
After an accident, victims are often overwhelmed with their injuries and medical expenses, which can make it difficult to negotiate with insurance companies and achieve favorable results. Unfortunately, without the time and resources needed, injured accident victims are often at the mercy of unscrupulous insurance adjusters.
Injured auto accident victims with legal representation receive, on average, 3.5 times more in settlement compensation than those without representation. For this reason alone, hiring an experienced auto accident attorney in Arlington is invaluable.
There are also numerous other benefits to hiring an attorney to represent you after a serious accident, however. Not only do attorneys’s have extensive knowledge of injury laws, but they can:
- Communicate and negotiate with insurance companies
- Establish liability for all parties involved
- Conduct a thorough investigation of the accident
- File claims within statute of limitations
- Accurately estimate total damages
- Accurately estimate total medical expenses
- Litigate in court, if necessary
Hiring an attorney will give you peace of mind after an accident, so you can focus on your recovery. While you are handling doctors visits, hospitalizations, and rehabilitation, your attorney will deal with the insurance adjuster, gather medical records, investigate your accident, order police reports, and negotiate a settlement that is in YOUR best interests.