Slip and Fall Law

Can You Still Sue for Injury If There Was a Sign?

To protect consumers and businesses, many property and business owners display warning signs for potentially unsafe conditions inside a building or on a property. But what happens if you are hurt even though a sign was posted?

For example, slipping on a wet floor even though a “Wet Floor” sign was displayed. Is it possible to still sue for injuries you suffered when the sign was there? Generally, yes, but it will be more difficult to prove your case.

In cases that involve indoor slip and fall injuries triggered by a slippery floor, the presence of a warning sign concerning hazardous conditions may make it extremely hard to prove that the property owner is legally responsible for your injuries.

However, a lack of slip-resistance mats might still be a problem for the defendant. It is very easy to just put a wet floor sign out and then neglect to clean the floor.

The property owner must still show an effort to protect patrons. Merely posting a sign does not alleviate the property owner of responsibility. Liability, typically, depends on the particular facts of the case, including:

  • The number of signs posted.
  • The slippery area.
  • The color and wording of the sign.
  • The slip resistance properties on the floor.
  • The location of the sign in proximity to the hazardous area.

Anyone injured in a slip and fall accident, regardless of whether or not a sign was posted, should still consult with an attorney. An attorney can carry out the necessary investigations in order to determine if there is a viable case.

What is Needed for a Case?

According to the personal injury law, the person making the claim carries the burden of proving these elements. In order to place a personal injury complaint, you need to prove that the property owner was indeed negligent in some manner, and that that negligence resulted in your injuries. An experienced Orlando FL personal injury attorney can help you prove your case.

If you have been injured as a result of a mismanaged property, contact Badgley Law Group at (407) 781-0420. We will take the time to review your case and determine if you have a viable personal injury claim.

You have nothing to lose by talking to us. Contact us today and see how we can help.



See all posts »

Most Popular

To Top